Friday, July 31, 2009

Fridays Are Never Exciting

Waking up at 4 am is always so difficult when you don't go to bed until after 11. Work was the usual fun filled abdominal and chest pains with a mix of elderly people with ams. I really didn't do much of anything besides work. Nine hour shifts seem to suck all of the energy out of me. I came home, ordered pizza, and took a nap. At least I'll have a few days off so I can study for my upcoming Nutrition test.

My good friend Dave called me from California this evening. It's nice to know someone still thinks of me :) I'm quite jealous that he gets to do research in California while I'm stuck here in Texas. I love Texas and all, but California has always been a dream vacation place for me. Anyways, Dave won't be back in Texas until after the semester starts this Fall. Sad day. He promised to hang out with me when he gets back though, so I'll just have to hold out until then.

Tomorrow's plans to go to Six Flags have once again been rescheduled. It's supposed to rain and so we decided we'll go when the weather's supposed to be really nice. Tickets are only $25 right now, so hopefully by the time we go I can find someone to go with me. I don't want to be that loser person who has to ride all the rides by their self because no one likes them enough to go with them. Maybe I can talk someone into it. Six Flags is a good way to get to know someone, right? You have a couple hour drive to get there, then spend all day riding rides, and then the car ride home to talk and such. Maybe I'll meet someone new and ask them to go. Who knows.

So, August starts tomorrow. I think this is a good time to start something new. For August, I decided I'll try and get back into the shape I was back in May. May was when I got uber depressed and did nothing but workout and not eat crap. I was looking pretty darn good by June, which was when I went to Schlitterbahn and met the best guy ever. Of course, that didn't work out for me, but I think I need to go back to that fitness. I was happy with myself and I guess my confidence was evident. Here's the plan: I workout every day for at least an hour. Within this hour, I want to do at least 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights. Of course, I did way more time than this back in May, but that's what I'm starting with for now. Along with working out, I have to eat better. No more eating out, or eating junk that my cardiologist would cringe about. Here's hoping I have the self-discipline to do it.

Today's my friend Walter's birthday. I tried to get him to come over, but he said he felt like staying home. Happy birthday Walter, if you ever read this :) Four days from now is another person's birthday, but out of fear of relapsing after not talking to them for three weeks now, I'll restrain from saying anything.

Instead of Six Flags tomorrow, I will hopefully get some Nutrition done, maybe go to the Lake, and workout and eat well. Hope that the Neches goes down so I can possibly go do some research this weekend or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment