Sunday, August 2, 2009

Slow Weekend

I just realized that when I started this blog forever ago that I had planned on making it a photo blog. Oops. I guess I should start taking more pictures! I'll probably have to start doing stuff too so there will be something photo worthy.

This weekend has been pretty bland. Didn't go anywhere or do anything. The highlight for me was getting to sleep in until noon and not have to worry about being on time anywhere. I like being lazy, but then again I wish I had some motivation to do something. I went to the store today and stocked up on some fresh fruits and vegetables. Hopefully what I bought will sustain me for the next week since I'm on a tight budget. I've never really had to worry about money, but the financial aid for the Fall semester isn't looking so good.

I had a dream last night that I decided to write a letter to the boy that I felt this deep connection with, even though I don't really even know him. I don't know if you'd call it love at first sight, but there was this emotion that was new and explosive. The song "Nineteen" by Tegan and Sara explains this perfectly. Anyhow, in my dream I wrote him a letter telling him all of my thoughts and feelings. In reality, it seems absurd to do something like this. However, I'm tempted to go Forest Gump style and write a letter every week. What will I say? How will they be accepted? Questions I don't quite know the answers to, but something in me wants to put myself out there. Then again, I could simply be distant and non-insistent. Maybe my dreams will tell me what to do.

Have you ever thought you had a sixth sense? I don't really know if this counts, but over the past couple of months I've developed a sense to know when something is terribly wrong with someone I care about. The only sad part is, I don't ever know who it is and the only indication I get is a horrible nauseating feeling. I went a whole month with every day being filled with nausea and calling people to find out if something was wrong. It ended up being my ex half the time, and other times it was people who I don't see all that much. I guess the world has finally found a more peaceful rhythm since I haven't experienced as many sick feelings. If I can keep up with this "sixth sense" I hope that I can get good enough to realize who it is that's having a horrible day or is in trouble. I know it sounds crazy, so think whatever you'd like.

Tegan and Sara is an awesome band if you haven't heard of them. Right now, I'm listening to "The Con" which is a great cd and one of my favorite songs on the album. You should check them out, maybe you'll like them. I don't even know if anyone reads this, but if you do, let me know if you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment