Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Night Blahs

Tomorrow is my last day of work for this week. I have to say that working every day really isn't that bad, but I'll be glad to have a break. I also have to take a quiz tomorrow over things I should know for work. Let's hope that goes well.

I really didn't do much this week but work, read, and workout. In the past two days, I managed to finish Catcher in the Rye. I really love this book. I know how it is feeling like a failure with no direction and feeling like no one really cares. Not to sound emo or anything, but I really wish I could find that one friend that I know will be there no matter what. I want to be THE best friend of someone for once. I'm just a free floating friend that people use for their entertainment, and I just so happen to benefit. I know that Melissa might get upset with my previous statements, because she's really been my only friend this entire summer. If we didn't hang out, I would have sat at home alone every night probably. I really appreciate her being there for me this summer, especially since my body is looking smoking from all this working out we've done. I tried being friends with boys, but they simply want to date me. No offense to them, but they're the boys I don't want to date. I want my tall skinny white boy who loves outdoors and comedy as much as I do and doesn't find my weird antics too much to handle.

Anyways, let's talk about physical fitness. I have been working out for the past month and what have I seen a difference in? Solely my arms. My arms have never been this strong and it's quite nice. However, and yes I know this doesn't totally matter, but I have continually gained weight this summer. I know my eating habits have a lot to do with it, but I thought adding an hour and a half of cardio/weights would make me lose something. I just want to be full body toned and have a sweet six pack. So for my next adventure, Melissa suggested we start training for a half-marathon that's in Dallas in March. I attempted to run one of these last summer, which lead to the discovery of my heart condition. I'm kind of anxious about trying again, but I think I'll recruit some help this time around. It'll be easier with Melissa training with me and I have until March to get there.

Things to look forward to:
1) Six Flags on Sunday. It's our last chance to go, so let's hope the stars align in our favor.
2) Electrofishing again :) I got a call today and I'm going out Mon/Tues and enjoying the last two days of my summer on the river. Probably the best thing I could do
3) School starts and so does my final year at UTT. Seventeen hours of class isn't too much... I hope.

I don't quite feel like setting any goals for tomorrow, but let's hope I do well on my quiz and get to workout. That's all I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment