Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Monday Monday

I guess those night shifts made my schedule off, because I definitely forgot about updating this. My life has not improved in entertainment value in the past couple of days. All I have done is work, go to the gym, and sleep.

I finished "Finding Alaska" and I have to say it was pretty good. Not a bad quick read and the writing style was nice. I might pick up another John Green book to try since I was informed that not all of them end up with death. I really want to read Catcher in the Rye again, but my copy is at my Mum's house. I'm just in that Holden Caulfield mood I guess.

My workouts have been pretty consistent this past week. I think I need to kick it up a notch and start doubling them though. Melissa and I ride the stationary bike for half an hour and then lift weights to work out backs, chest, and arms on most days. Every now and then we put a little leg workout in there, and I do believe her favorite is the hip adductor machine, that dirty hooker. The difference in my arms is nice and it's nice to feel stronger. Now all I need to do is tweak my eating habits so I can get that six pack I've always wanted. I think if I add an hour of cardio along with my workout with Melissa, I'll be on the right track. Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up with all of those sweet cross-country runners.

My nutrition class is almost over. I have my final this week and two assignments left. This class was pretty fun and easy. It's probably the only class that I've taken online that has required the least maintenance. It's mainly because I already know most of the material, but it is fun to learn new things. For example, today I learned the that pregnant women should gain around 30 lbs by the time they deliver and 2 lbs of that should be in their breasts. Score!

Two more weeks before school starts and I am ready to get my schedule finalized. I still haven't been able to get into an A&P lab, but I think if I can't, I'll just take the class. It's something I enjoy and hopefully someone will drop so I can get into the class I want and have a nicer schedule. Also, I might be the TA for Micro and so I need to figure that all out too. I hopefully will be able to confuse the poor micro students and be sly about telling them if their unknowns are correct :)

Tomorrow is electrofishing at 8:30 in the am. I'm going to try and wake myself up at 7:30 to go do sprints, but I accidentally took a nap earlier and so I probably won't sleep too well. I'm quite excited about being in the field again. I've missed it so. Let's hope my fish skills are as good as they were in the semester and that I don't get electrocuted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment