Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Flipping The Clock

So yesterday was my first night shift in the ED. It wasn't too bad actually, but I definitely was very tired once 3 am rolled around. Luckily for me, the computer system had to be updated so I got to go home two hours early :) Kinda sucks in the money department, but oh well. While I was at work I started reading "Finding Alaska" by John Green. So far so good. I'm only on page forty, but I'll let you know how I like it once I finish.

Last night also marks the second time my looks have been discriminated against. All I have to say is that that person could only wish that I wanted to look at her junk. I'm going to have to start hanging out with more boys in public and make them hold my hand or something. It's ridiculous what a short haircut will make people think.

I went and worked out with my friend Melissa today around noonish. We try to go every day but with my ridiculous work schedule, it makes it hard. She's trying to lose weight and I want a six pack so we have our goals. Personally, I think she's doing better than I am, but I just need a kick in the rear and to stop giving into temptation. If I can wear the outfit that I want for the first day of school, I'll be happy :)

Yesterday I found out that I get to go electrofishing next Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm super excited because I love the river and I really just want to jump in and swim. Maybe I'll save the fun for after the research part, but I'm glad that I'll be out in the sun finally. Hopefully I'll be helpful and perhaps make some new friends. Research was how I made most of my friends last summer, so maybe this will be another opportunity :) It's only two days, but a lot can happen in that time.

One of my favorite bands just put out a new single and I love it :) Hellogoodbye's new song called "When We First Met" and it's freaking sweet. Perhaps you'll like it: http://bit.ly/94vmG

Okay so I have half an hour before I have to get ready for my second night shift. Let's hope this one goes as well as the first. I'll have another new doctor, and hopefully he'll be just as nice as the one I had last night. I really like the fact that the two people I work with during my shift are nice and actually talk to me. It makes the time go by and it's a lot more fun with conversation. Here's hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment