Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spontaneity Will Define This Next Semester

Let's start off with goals accomplished yesterday:
1 and 3)I totally managed not to toss my cookies. However, I'm still not fully over what I have. I don't think making it through work will be hard, but I'll avoid food for the most part just in case.
2) Didn't party at Outlaws...but rather a club in Dallas called S4...more on that later.
4) Didn't clean my room at all. I'm a slacker.
5) I think I know how my schedule will go for Fall. I'm taking the most hours I ever have.

Okay, so yesterday all I did was pretty much lie in bed. I woke up around 9am and slept on and off until about 6pm. Day wasted? Nah, I facebooked it up and read some Catcher in the Rye. My body probably needed a good rest after working so hard in the Neches and then getting ill. I feel quite a bit better, but any time I eat food, there's a horrible sharp pain in my stomach. Poor tummy, I've mistreated you for so long and now I get to pay for it. Maybe this is a sign that I should be a better vegetarian and go back to vegan.

Around 7pm yesterday, I get a call from Melissa who invites me over to hang out with her and Scott. Scott is the token gay guy in my life, and I really enjoy hanging out with him. He is the essence of entertainment pretty much. So I go over there, and we had already planned on going to Outlaws later that night anyhow, so we were talking about clubs and such. Scott spent the whole summer in Dallas, and he kiddingly suggested we go to a club called S4 he knew about in Dallas. Melissa and I were down, but we weren't sure if Becca would go with us since she had to teach Sunday School the next morning. I call her and to all our amazement, she says yes.

An hour later, we're in the car on our way to the gayborhood in Dallas. We've all decided that since it's pretty much our last year of college (except for Melissa) that spontaneous trips should be the definition of our lives. We get to the downtown area and we visit a bar that's near where we parked. Becca decides she's hungry, so we stop at a pizza place that I can not remember the name of. It was pretty much the best pizza ever. I don't know if it was so awesome because I hadn't eaten in two days, or if it was just that good. Once I remember the name of the place, it's going on my list of favorite Dallas eats.

After we eat, we go to S4 to get our dance on. There was a drag show going on upstairs, so we watched that for a while and then headed for the dance floor. The difference between straight clubs and gay clubs: people actually dance at the gay club. It was hard to be in a club with a bunch of attractive people and know that I would never have a chance with any of them because they like sausage. However, that definitely made it easier to dance around and not care what people thought. We stayed for about an hour and a half and decided to head home after stopping at the pizza place again.

We got home about 4am, and yet I managed to wake up at 9:30 this morning only slightly tired. I don't know what my body is so excited about that I needed to be up that early, but I'd like to sleep in until noon at least one day that I have left of summer. All I have to look forward to today is maybe going to the gym at noon and then going to work at 3pm. I probably won't have much to talk about this week unless something crazy happens to me before or after work. I work every single day until Sunday, so this is going to turn monotonous if I even update.

Today's Bubba's birthday. He's one of my roomies for those of you who don't know. He turned 21 and so I got him a gift certificate to his favorite eatery. He's a not too fantastic drunk, so there will be no drinking for him as long as I'm around. And even though he doesn't read this, Happy Birthday kid :)

Goals for the Week (since I don't know if I'll update much):
1) Make it through work and do well on my quiz so I don't get fired
2) Conquer this sickness
3) Make a new friend out of the girl at the gym who Melissa swears is gay
4) Go to daiquiri express just for the fun of it
5) Workout at least 5 days out of the 7 I work

2 comments:

  1. I think the pizza place was called Zini's. I think. AND we need to go back to the gayborhood. Soon.

    ReplyDelete