Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lack of Sleep May Make This Incomprehensible

This week has been full of adventure. Let's start from the beginning.

Monday I had the usual day of school and I started the counselor job that night. By the time we got there, the kids were tired and wanted to stay inside. It was fun for the most part, but I forgot what the mentality of a 5th grader was. Girls definitely do not like bees or roaches, and they are extremely ridiculous. I guess I was probably the same way, minus the not liking bugs thing. The only downside of camp was the fact that I didn't sleep well at all. I don't know if it was the bed or the fact that I had a test the next morning, but I was awoken every hour or so. Regardless to say, I was quite tired when it came time to take my test. However, this didn't hinder my abilities and I made an exceptional grade on my test :)

Tuesday was also a great day. My friend Bryan came over once I got out of class and we went to Andy's. I got a Snowmonster which was delicious. Then, my mum and I went to get my sister at the airport. She's visiting for the week from Missouri and it's good to see her again. After that, my sister and I went to eat with my good friend at Sonoma Grill. Once again, a great choice for dinner. Definitely will be eating there again, just for the grilled vegetables and salads. Anyhow, that was a fun night. Lots of good things happened, and overall it was a good night.

Wednesday I worked the mid-day shift which wasn't too bad. I didn't get much sleep due to getting home around one, but I thoroughly enjoyed working. Nothing really exciting, but the doctor was a lot of fun :)

I got my A&P test back today, which I already knew the grade, but one little thing made it awesome: A smiley face at the top of the page. I don't know why, but little things like that make me overly happy. To know that my professor thought I did well enough to draw a smiley face makes my day. Other than that, the day was monotonous and I finally took a nap for the first time this week. I feel less tired, but I could probably pass out right now. Tomorrow I don't have to work, so sleeping a lot sounds good.

My school's homecoming is this weekend, but I don't think I'll go. I really don't care to see anyone except for the few people I already see on a regular basis from school. Plus, my basketball coach lives right next to my mum so I can see her anytime. Homecoming seems like a silly idea, but maybe the more social people enjoy it.

Okay so things to do this weekend: Write lab reports and papers, work, study for classes, run and sleep a lot, and see my family. Nothing really exciting going on, but it's okay. A nice relaxing weekend will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment