Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bleck

I know, I know. I haven't written anything in a while...but I have excuses!

Let's recap: Saturday, I worked with the new doctor and he was a lot of fun. He reminds me a lot of my friends that I have, and it was nice to get to know him. Sunday, I also worked which was also fun. I really really enjoy my job and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Sunday night I went with my friends to a club in Dallas. Talk about fun. We ate at a restaurant called the Old Monk, which was a nice place. There were far too many drunk/smoking people, which I really don't care for. Overall, it was a good night and I'm looking forward to going back.

Monday was a holiday, so I spent most of my time working on my seminar. I gave my presentation today, which went decently well. It probably would have been a lot better had I of not been sick. Tuesday I lost my voice due to this sickness, and today I sounded like a transvestite. Luckily, I got through my seminar and made an A. I don't even care if I'm not a terrific speaker. I really don't plan of speaking in front of people during my career, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I also started a new adventure this week. I shall be a counselor for a camp and I get to plan activities and games for 5th graders. I've never done this sort of thing, but I hope it'll be a fun experience. I know a few people who will also be counselors, so that will hopefully make things easier. I'll let you know how things go with this. Sunday I get CPR certified for this position, which is definitely going to be awesome.

Other things that are going on: Pretty much nothing. I haven't worked out, which I'm going to attempt to tomorrow. I've also been working on some of my friendships. I have made a few new contacts and we'll see if they ever lead up to friendship status. I really hope they do, because so far, these people seem good. I could be wrong, but the thought of a best friend possibly happening is uber exciting to me :)

Anyways, I am tired. My immune system is swollen and the nyquil is kicking in. I'll try and update tomorrow, since I have a devious plan to enact.

No comments:

Post a Comment