Thursday, September 3, 2009

End of the Week

Let's start off with goals accomplished for yesterday:
1) I finished my seminar and now I just need my adviser to look at it
2) Worked out in the evening, but not in the morning. Waking up was not going to happen
3) Didn't fall asleep in class :)
4) I think I ate pretty well all day
5) Definitely talked to someone I want to know better

So my goals all pretty much were accomplished. I'll think of some more and put them at the end of this post.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Classes went well, I worked out, and managed to survive the day without being too exhausted. I've decided school is like a cold: It starts out and you slowly feel your immune system start to dwindle. Then you're exhausted, your head hurts, and all you want to do is sleep. I'm still in the beginning stages, but hopefully I can avoid the take down.

One eye opening event that occurred yesterday was the fact that I almost died. Literally. Now crossing the street shouldn't be a treacherous task. I looked both ways, and yes there were cars coming, but they appeared far enough away for me to cross. However, my judgment was wrong. The light blue car was definitely not going thirty but more like fifty. In the end, there was probably about a foot of space between me and the grill of the car. Luckily for me, I'm a fast walker or I probably wouldn't be writing this. This is not an exaggerated story, so be careful crossing the street. Dying from being hit by a tiny blonde girl really isn't the way I'd like to be remembered, so I'll have to convince myself to be more careful.

I did talk to a few people that I'd like to get to know better. I found the guy at the gym I used to see all of the time. He's a nice kid and so hopefully I can build on that friendship. I also talked to one of the grad students at school, which is kind of risky to talk about since someone might relay whatever I say about him to him. However, he is a person I'd like to get to know better, so I will try. I know his friends don't think very highly of me and that I don't even compare to his previous relationship, but I don't really care. I would just like to make some new friends and so I'm trying. I'm trying to focus on friendship, and if it blossoms into a relationship, I'm not going to complain.

My seminar is now in less than a week. I have the powerpoint, outline, and bibliography done, and now I just need to practice like crazy. Only problem is I have to work about 30 hours this weekend. Luckily, it's a holiday weekend so I'll have all of Monday to practice. Tuesday night I have training for a camp counselor position but I should know it pretty well by then.

Okay so there's nothing really interesting going on in my life right now. I had my first A&P lab today, and it's pretty much the best lab ever. A lot of "that's what she said" moments and inappropriate things go through my head, but I keep them to myself for the most part. I'm probably the oldest student in there, but I at least know some of the students. I'm definitely going to need to get an anatomy study partner, if you catch my drift...and I'm kidding...maybe...

Goals, goals, let me think...
1) Workout at least twice this weekend and tomorrow
2) Practice my seminar like a madman
3) Write my psychology paper

Sorry all of my posts are ridiculously long and talk about absolutely nothing. This next week should be pretty adventurous, so hang in there. Maybe I'll throw away my dreams and become a professional blogger. I'm pretty good at writing about nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment