Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Insert Witty Title Here

So not much has happened in the past couple of days, thus why there hasn't been an update. I worked all weekend and didn't do any school work like I should have. I haven't had much want to do anything. I miss summer already.

This is the week before I have to speak in front of my peers/faculty members of the Biology department. Right now, I should tediously be working on my powerpoint so that I might have a perfect presentation and everyone will give me A's. This is a hit or miss thing. I only get one try to make a good grade, and it's even more stressful since I only have 2 weeks to work on it. There's two other people in the same boat as me, so hopefully we'll all do well.

My subject for my talk is fish and the causes of homogenization of freshwater populations. Sound boring? I thought it would be different from the usual, and I felt compelled to do something with fish since I had an intimate encounter with one last month. I don't remember if I stated this story here, so I'll repeat it.

When you go electrofishing, you're sending an electrical current through the water that essentially knocks fish unconscious. However, if the current isn't strong enough, the fish can try and swim out of harms way. So one day while electrofishing, I was walking with my net in the water trying to scoop up as many fish as I could. It just so happened that one of the larger fish in the water escaped the electrical pulse and tried to swim away....straight into my crotch. Talk about a weird feeling. I probably should have paid that fish for our encounter, but it readily swam away after gyrating into my groin. Funny story, I know.

Anyways, I hope my seminar talk goes well and I don't get too nervous. I'm supposed to advertise my talk around the biology dept. but I don't know that I will. I don't need people who I care about what they think about me coming and finding out how big of an idiot I am.

Let's think of some goals I should try and achieve tomorrow:
1) Finish my seminar powerpoint
2) Workout in the morning AND the evening
3) Don't fall asleep in class
4) Eat well all day
5) Talk to someone who I want to know better

If you read this, I hope your week is going well. I only know of two people who do, and I'm sure everyone else who does is probably someone who doesn't want me to know. Either way, glad you read this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment